Friday, September 21, 2012

Literacy Timeline



  • September 8th, 1993 - Born in Boston, Massachusetts. First words were mom and dad in Chinese.
  • 1996-2003 - Lived in Taiwan - Learning Chinese in elementary school and speaking Taiwanese at home.
  • 2003-2004 - Arrived in the Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and started as a ESL (English Second Language) student in the 4th grade. Did my first book report on Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire.
  • 2005 - First year starting as a regular student. Earned a shirt call "Accelerated Reader" for reading the most books in my class.
  • 2006-2008 - Middle school. I learned about what a bibliography is, how to do research and did my research on Michael Jordan.
  • 2008-2009 - Freshmen in high school. Enrolled as honor English student. I remember my very first book was "To Kill a Mockingbird"
  • 2009-2010 - Wrote my first 10+ pages long of research paper. Had lots of vocabulary quizzes all year long.
  • 2010-2011 - Enrolled in American Literature. Learned about Annotated Bibliography and read "The Great Gatsby" and "Of Mice & Men"
  • 2011-2012 - Writing through film class. Watched a lot of type of films like "The Godfather" and "Gladiators". Then write movie reviews, analysis, and critiques about it.
  • 2012-Present - High School Graduation. Attending college now and planning on majoring in Business.

No comments:

Post a Comment